Tuesday, March 8, 2011

365 Days, 1 Recipe at a time - Day 1

So, as some of you know, I haven't been at my best lately. This blog unfortunately has suffered for it. So, as I am trying to make some other changes in my life, I am getting back to the blog! I thought posting a recipe a day for a year would be a good start to moving forward. I will start with whats cookin now, sprinkle in some seasonal recipes, and add a dash of some closely held secrets. I hope you enjoy!

The Only Brownie Recipe That Should Exist  350°  9x13 Greased


1c              Butter - Melted
3c              Sugar
1tbl            Vanilla
4                Eggs
1 1/2 c         Flour
1c              Cocoa Powder
1 tsp          Salt
1c              Semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Cream butter and sugar enough to fully combine. Blend in Vanilla. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next.
Sift Flour, Cocoa and Salt together. Add to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Ensure all dry is fully mixed in, but do not over mix, as it wall make the brownie tougher and more cake like. Fold in chips if you are using them.
Spread into your prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, turning at least once. Brownie should have a nice dry crackly top when done.   

No comments:

Post a Comment