Sunday, November 15, 2009

A New Hope...or...How YOU can cook too!

Hello! Welcome! Howdahellareya?

Welcome to The Old Smokehouse! I decided to start this blog for one simple reason, I love to cook. And as much as I would love to horde all the little secrets and tidbits about it, thats just not what cooking is about. I know we all cook day to day because we need to eat, and yes there are times when we make the frozen hamburger, or something out of a box. Not because we enjoy it over homemade, or because its the best choice, but because its quick and or easy. Its a fact.

So, I'd like to show you ways to alter those meals to be....well more. I'd also like to help you find more in general in the things you can buy and how to prepare them. Sometimes its a technique, sometimes its ingredients, sometimes it'll just be a good recipe. Hell, sometimes I might just toss up the most complex bass ackwards thing up there just because its awesome! All in all tho, I'd like this to be a place you can come for ideas or information. Break up the boredom or just find something new.

I called this The Old Smokehouse, not because I will focus on BBQ, but because above all else, BBQ is what I am good at. It's also a bit of a tribute to my father, who started my interest in cooking and who inspired me to make my own BBQ (from rub to smoking to sauce, it's my own recipes!). I'll try and put something on here a few times a week so keep checking back. Ask me if you have questions, but please, all I ask is be nice. Be nice to me and be nice to each other because this is after all, a place where you should come to be happy and enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment